Emergency Paediatric First Aid Level 3
This course is designed to provide participants with the essential knowledge and skills required to effectively respond to medical emergencies involving children. By completing this course, you will be able to confidently provide first aid to children and potentially save lives. Our expert instructors will guide you through a range of topics.
We understand that medical emergencies involving children can be incredibly stressful and emotional. Our instructors will also guide how to manage these situations with empathy and compassion while maintaining a professional and composed demeanour.
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years. The 6-hour course costs £460. Prices may vary according to your unique requirements.
- Describe actions in an emergency
- Demonstrate adult and paediatric resuscitation
- Demonstrate the management of an unresponsive adult, infant and child
- Demonstrate the management of an adult, child or infant who is choking
- Explain the treatment for hypovolaemic shock
- Demonstrate the treatment of serious bleeding
- Explain the treatment for burns and scalds
- Explain the management of seizures in children, adults or infants
Early Years Courses
Aim: To raise awareness of an adult's role when working with children and young people and to ensure they understand how to protect the safety of young people as well as to be aware of sensitive situations in which they may find themselves.
Aim: To introduce first aid to learners who have children and babies in their care and to enable them to recognise and respond to a paediatric emergency.
Aim: To identify the health and safety issues relating to those working in the child care environment.