Emergency Paediatric First Aid Level 3
As a caregiver for children, it is essential to be prepared for any unexpected emergencies that may arise. This course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to respond quickly and effectively in a critical situation involving an infant or young child.
Throughout this course, you will learn how to assess and manage common life-threatening situations such as choking, seizures, and cardiac arrest in children. In addition, this course will cover the steps you should take when seeking professional medical help and how to communicate effectively with parents and emergency services in the event of an emergency.
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years. The 6-hour course costs £485 for up to 12 learners. Prices may vary according to your unique requirements.
- Describe actions in an emergency
- Demonstrate adult and paediatric resuscitation
- Demonstrate the management of an unresponsive adult, infant and child
- Demonstrate the management of an adult, child or infant who is choking
- Explain the treatment for hypovolaemic shock
- Demonstrate the treatment of serious bleeding
- Explain the treatment for burns and scalds
- Explain the management of seizures in children, adults or infants
Early Years Courses
Aim: To raise awareness of an adult's role when working with children and young people and to ensure they understand how to protect the safety of young people as well as to be aware of sensitive situations in which they may find themselves.
Aim: To introduce first aid to learners who have children and babies in their care and to enable them to recognise and respond to a paediatric emergency.
Aim: To identify the health and safety issues relating to those working in the child care environment.