Safe Use of Wheelchairs Level 2
The Safe Use of Wheelchairs Level 2 webinar is designed to provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of the safe and proper use of wheelchairs. The aim of the webinar is to equip participants with the knowledge and confidence to undertake a range of wheelchair assistance tasks and manoeuvres.
The webinar has a duration of 3 hours. It includes presentations, visual demonstrations, interactive discussions, and question-and-answer sessions to actively engage participants and enhance their understanding of the material.
Successful candidates who complete the webinar will receive a certificate that is valid for 3 years.
- Understand and demonstrate safer manual handling techniques when pushing/pulling wheelchairs
- Be aware of safe techniques for assisting wheelchair users with transfers
- Understand how it feels to be an essential wheelchair user
- Be aware of access issues and how to improve access for wheelchair users and those assisting them
- Gain confidence to safely assist and manoeuvre wheelchairs in a range of situations
Care Health and Safety Courses
Aim: To ensure learners gain an awareness of the safe use of wheelchairs, including confidence to undertake a range of wheelchair assistance tasks and manoeuvres.
Aim: To provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with an overview of why health and safety risk assessments are required and how they are applied within care settings.
This course provides learners with the knowledge and expertise in the principles of emergency first aid.
Aim: To provide candidates with the knowledge and expertise to deliver emergency first aid in the work place.
Aim: To provide candidates with the knowledge and expertise to qualify as a first aider in the work place.
This course covers the Coronavirus (COVID-19): Infection prevention, identification and control, in order to minimise, prevent and control the spread of infection.