Safe Use of Wheelchairs Level 2
The Safe Use of Wheelchairs Level 2 course is designed to enhance learners' confidence in undertaking a range of wheelchair assistance tasks and manoeuvres.
Upon successfully completing the Safe Use of Wheelchairs Level 2 course, participants will receive a certificate that is valid for a period of 3 years. This certification serves as evidence of their competence and understanding of safe wheelchair practices. The course has a total duration of 3 hours. During this time, participants will engage in theoretical learning, practical demonstrations, and hands-on practice related to the safe use of wheelchairs. This course costs £330 for up to 12 learners. Prices may vary based on your requirements.
- Understand and demonstrate safer manual handling techniques when pushing/pulling wheelchairs
- Be aware of safe techniques for assisting wheelchair users with transfers
- Understand how it feels to be an essential wheelchair user
- Be aware of access issues and how to improve access for wheelchair users and those assisting them
- Gain confidence to safely assist and manoeuvre wheelchairs in a range of situations
Care Health and Safety Courses
Aim: To ensure learners gain an awareness of the safe use of wheelchairs, including confidence to undertake a range of wheelchair assistance tasks and manoeuvres.
Aim: To provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with an overview of why health and safety risk assessments are required and how they are applied within care settings.
This course provides learners with the knowledge and expertise in the principles of emergency first aid.
Aim: To provide candidates with the knowledge and expertise to deliver emergency first aid in the work place.
Aim: To provide candidates with the knowledge and expertise to qualify as a first aider in the work place.
This course covers the Coronavirus (COVID-19): Infection prevention, identification and control, in order to minimise, prevent and control the spread of infection.