Safe Handling of Medication
The Safe Handling of Medication eLearning course is designed to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to ensure the safe handling and administration of medicines. The course has a duration of approximately 1 hour and is mapped to the NICE Quality Standard 85.
Throughout the course, participants may engage in interactive learning materials, case studies, and quizzes to reinforce their understanding and application of safe medication handling practices.
By completing this course, individuals will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to ensure the safe handling and administration of medications, reducing the risk of medication errors and promoting safety. This course costs 14.95 per learner. Prices may vary based on your requirements.
- Understand the legislation, policy and procedures relevant to the administration and safe handling of medicines
- Describe common medications and their use
- Understand the procedures and techniques for the safe administration of medication
- Explain the medication classifications and types and routes of administration
- Describe common side effects and adverse reactions
- Understanding receiving storage and disposal
Mandatory Training Courses
Aim: To enable healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food and the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing.