Health, Safety and Fire
This workbook is designed to provide learners with essential information about health, safety, and fire in the context of health and social care. The workbook covers the principles behind health and safety, including relevant legislation, policies, and procedures. The content also includes information on how to identify and manage risks in the workplace, as well as best practices for fire safety.
This workbook is specifically designed to contribute to the underpinning knowledge for the Care Certificate Standards 3, 13 and 15, which are standards related to health and safety in the context of care delivery. As a distance learning resource, the workbook allows learners to study at their own pace and on their schedule. This workbook costs £14.95 per learner. Prices may vary based on your requirements.
- Understand the legislation and standards relating to health and safety in health and social care
- Understand your role and responsibilities in relation to health and safety
- Appreciate the costs of poor health and safety standards
- Explain the relationship between health, safety and wellbeing
- Understand emotional and psychological issues and impacts
- Understand the importance of personal safety and measures relating to lone working
- Know how to deal with common emergencies including first aid and fire emergencies
Mandatory Health and Social Care Courses
Aim: To enable healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food and the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing.