Food Safety, Nutrition and Hydration Level 2
The Food Safety, Nutrition and Hydration Level 2 webinar is a comprehensive training program designed to help healthcare support workers and adult social care workers understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food. The course is also designed to help participants understand the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining good health and well-being.
The aim of the course is to provide learners with an in-depth understanding of food safety principles, including the causes of foodborne illnesses, and how to prevent cross-contamination. Participants will also learn about the importance of good nutrition and hydration, including how to identify and manage malnutrition and dehydration.
The webinar is designed to be completed over three hours and is delivered through a combination of lectures and interactive activities. Successful completion of the course leads to the issuance of a certificate that is valid for three years. The certification verifies that the learner has successfully completed the training and has the necessary knowledge and skills to prepare and handle food safely and hygienically and to promote good nutrition and hydration. The certificate can be used as evidence of training and may be required by employers or regulatory bodies in the healthcare and social care sectors. The course costs £275. Prices may vary according to your unique requirements.
- Understand the importance of food safety and food hygiene
- Understand food safety hazards and good hygiene
- Understand the importance of temperatures and storage
- Explain good hydration and nutrition including digestion
- Understand what constitutes a balanced diet
- Explain how to promote good and sufficient nutrition and hydration and the importance of the environment in healthy eating
- To explore how dignity can be maintained while promoting nutrition and healthy eating
Mandatory Training Courses
Aim: To enable healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food and the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing.