To provide managers and supervisors in health
and social care with the necessary knowledge and information to identify a range of hazards involved in the provision of care and assess and control the risks to service users and those providing their care.
- Understand health and safety law
- Understand hazard and risk
- Know the stages of a risk assessment
- Know how to undertake a COSHH risk assessment
- Know how to undertake a manual handling risk assessment
- Understand risk assessments in relation to fire safety
- Understand how to deal with the risk of violence and aggression at work
- Understand the CQC Essential Standards of Quality and Safety in relation to risk and risk assessments
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Current legislation and Approved Codes of Practice (ACoP).