To raise awareness of the risks involved with injuries caused by sharps / needles.
- List the legislation associated with sharps awareness
- Explain the term ‘sharps’
- List the infections associated with sharps
- Explain the importance of risk assessments in sharps awareness
- Describe how to treat a sharps injury
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Anyone who may come into contact with sharps / needles as part of their work, such as workers in health care, housing, waste collection and disposal, maintenance, construction and street cleaning.