To provide workers in any industry sector with an understanding of health and safety in the workplace, including the responsibilities held by their employers and themselves under health and safety law.
- Understand health and safety legislation
- Understand the principles of workplace health and safety and employee and welfare
- Recognise common workplace hazards and controls
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Be aware of key elements of workplace health and safety such as manual handling, ergonomics and hazardous substances
Successful candidates will receive a HABC personal display certificate upon completion of the course, valid for 3 years.
This course is accredited by HABC