To introduce first aid to candidates who have children and babies in their care and to enable them to recognise and respond to a paediatric emergency.
- Demonstrate paediatric resuscitation
- Demonstrate the management of an unconscious infant and child
- Explain the treatment for various types of shock
- Understand anaphylactic shock and how it is treated, including use of adrenaline auto-injectors
- Describe the treatment of serious bleeding
- List chronic conditions associated with infants and children
- List acute conditions that affect infants and children
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate of competence, valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation.
Anyone who cares for children or babies and is required to have practical skills and knowledge in paediatric first aid to meet EYFS and/or Ofsted requirements.
EYFS statutory framework guidelines and Millie's Mark criteria for first aid training