Moving and Assisting Level 2
The Moving and Assisting Level 2 course is designed to provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with the necessary knowledge and skills to move and assist people safely. The primary aim of this course is to ensure the well-being of both the individuals receiving assistance and the workers providing the support. The course emphasizes the importance of recognizing the principles of safe moving and assisting techniques and conducting thorough risk assessments prior to engaging in any moving or assisting task.
The course is typically completed within a duration of 1.5 hours. Successful candidates who complete the course and assessments will be issued a certificate valid for three years. This certification demonstrates their understanding of the principles of safe moving and assisting, their ability to conduct risk assessments and their commitment to ensuring the well-being and safety of individuals in their care. This course costs £330 for up to 12 learners. Prices may vary based on your requirements.
- Having an understanding of legislation relating to moving and assisting
- Understand basic anatomy and physiology of the spine
- Assess moving and assisting operations, reducing the risk where reasonably practicable
- Understand the principles of safer moving and assisting of people, including the use of equipment
- Understand the importance of maintaining dignity for the person receiving assistance
Mandatory Health and Social Care Courses
Aim: To enable healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food and the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing.