Food Safety Principles
The Food Safety Principles workbook is a distance learning manual that focuses on providing essential information about food hygiene and safety in the context of a health and social care setting.
The workbook covers key topics such as food poisoning, personal hygiene, food storage, and the principles of food safety management. It provides detailed guidance on how to prevent the spread of foodborne illnesses and maintain a safe and hygienic environment when handling and preparing food.
The manual is designed for individuals working in the health and social care sector who may be required to handle and prepare food as part of their job. It emphasizes the importance of maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene to protect vulnerable populations such as the elderly or individuals with weakened immune systems.
This workbook contributes to the underpinning knowledge required for the the Care Certificate, Standard 8, which pertains to food safety and hygiene. The workbook costs £14.95 per learner. Prices may vary according to your unique requirements.
- Know the key legislation and regulations underpinning UK food safety and hygiene
- Understand your legal responsibilities and the key legal roles around food safety
- Know the most common types of food poisoning and their causes
- Know how to prevent foodborne illnesses
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Know the essentials of food hygiene
Mandatory Training Courses
Aim: To enable healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food and the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing.