Duty of Care Level 2
The Duty of Care Level 2 course is designed to provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with a comprehensive understanding of their duty of care and how to fulfil it effectively. The primary aim of this course is to ensure that participants understand their legal and ethical responsibilities and are equipped to navigate potential conflicts and challenges that may arise in fulfilling their duty of care.
The 3-hour course emphasizes the importance of providing safe and high-quality care while considering relevant legislation, workplace policies, and professional standards. Participants will develop a clear understanding of their obligations towards the individuals they support and the steps required to meet those obligations.
Upon successful completion of the course and assessments, candidates will be issued a certificate valid for three years. This certification demonstrates their understanding of the duty of care and their ability to fulfil their responsibilities within healthcare and social care settings. This course costs £330 for up to 12 learners. Prices may vary based on your requirements.
- Understand ‘duty of care’ in a health and social care context
- Recognise the groups for whom health and social care professionals have a duty of care
- Outline the key obligations to those for whom you have a duty of care
- Understand how legislation and workplace policies, protocols and guidelines help ensure that you fulfil your duty of care
- Describe possible conflicts between duty of care to a client and the demands of an employer
- Identify sources of help in resolving dilemmas relating to duty of care
Mandatory Health and Social Care Courses
Aim: To enable healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food and the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing.