To provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with an overview of the Mental Capacity Act, to ensure they have the knowledge and skill to deal with situations relating to mental capacity.
- List the functions of the Mental Capacity Act
- Describe the groups that will be affected by it
- Explain the functional test
- Explain the Lasting Power of Attorney
- Describe the function of the Court of Protection Explain the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
L/504/8409. Links to NMTS 1.1.2, 1.4.1, 4.2.1, 5.2.1, 6.1.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5.