To give learners an understanding of the current guidance around end of life care for adults.
- Explain what is meant by ‘palliative’ and ‘end of life’
- Understand effective communication in end of life care
- Identify pain and symptom management
- Explain ethical and legal issues around end of life care
- Be able to explain symptoms of the last few hours and the effect on staff
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
We can also provide a Level 2 Award in Palliative Care and a Level 2 Award in Loss and Bereavement, please call us for details and pricing.
National Occupational Standards SCDHSC0021, 0024, 0025, 0035, 0213, 0226, 0227, 0234,0350, 0385, 3111; Care Certificate Standards 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 13, 15; Aligned to DC2A, DC2C, DC2D, DC2F and CQC Regulations, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20