To introduce healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to the basic techniques used to observe and monitor the condition of patients and individuals using services, including pain and discomfort levels.
- Explain the levels of response
- Understand the ‘Glasgow Coma Score’ system
- Understand eye and pupil responses and how to assess breathing
- Know how to monitor and read a person’s pulse and what to look out for
- Know how to measure blood pressure and what the readings mean
- Understand methods for taking temperature
- Understand how to assess skin
- Know how to record observations
- Have an overview of advanced monitoring techniques
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Can be tailored according to client requirements.