To provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with an awareness of safeguarding issues and how they can effectively safeguard adults at risk of harm.
- Recognise the types, signs and symptoms and indicators of abuse
- Understand prevention of abuse management techniques
- Understand how to respond appropriately to disclosures of abuse
- Understand the legislation and guidance governing the safeguarding of adults at risk of harm
- Understand both employers’ and employees roles and responsibilities towards adults at risk of harm
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
National Occupational Standards - SCDHSC0024 and SCDHSC0035, and the Care Certificate Standard 10: Safeguarding Adults