To introduce healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to the principles of infection control and prevention.
- Explain the routes of infection into the body
- Describe correct and effective hand hygiene
- Have an awareness of personal hygiene in relation to risks of others
- Know the correct use of ‘Personal Protective Equipment’
- Understand how to manage soiled linen and clinical waste
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.