To help healthcare support workers and adult social care workers understand the principles of equality and diversity, how to promote inclusion and reduce discrimination.
- Understand what is meant by diversity and discrimination and how it might occur at work
- Have knowledge of equality and inclusion and
know how practices that support both reduce discrimination
- Be aware of any legislation and ways of working that relate to equality, diversity, discrimination and rights
- Ensure that your own work is inclusive, respecting the beliefs, culture, values and preferences of individuals and how to challenge discrimination in a way that leads to positive change
- Understand how to find a range of sources of information about equality, diversity and inclusion and who to ask for advice and support about equality and inclusion
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.