To provide supervisors with appropriate knowledge and skills relating to health and safety in the workplace.
- Understand the role of a supervisor in relation to workplace health and safety
- Understand health and safety management principles
- Understand organisational health and safety policy and arrangements
- Be able to explain key safety regulations
- Understand the principles of risk assessment and how to implement safe systems of work
- Understand the importance of accident reporting
- Understand how human factors such as attitude, personality and motivation can affect health and safety
- Understand how to monitor and audit health and safety at work
Successful candidates will be issued with an IOSH personal display certificate, valid for 3 years.
This course is IOSH-approved.
Supervisory staff from any industry sector who need to improve their health and safety knowledge.