To provide candidates with the knowledge and expertise to deliver emergency first aid in the work place.
- Describe your actions in an emergency
- Demonstrate adult resuscitation
- Demonstrate the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Explain the management of adult choking
- Demonstrate the management of the unconscious casualty
- Describe how to recognise and treat bleeding and shock
- Explain the treatment of minor injuries
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) or Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Anyone who is identified as the ‘appointed person’ for first aid in a relatively small or low risk workplace.
We can also provide this as an open course at one of our many public training venues across the UK. Please call 0800 310 2300 to request a full open course schedule.
For organisations operating within the hospitality and leisure sectors, we can also provide alcohol awareness training within the Emergency First Aid at Work syllabus, which includes how to recognise alcohol poisoning and how to help someone who has become intoxicated.
In addition, we can provide an Emergency First Aid at Work including Electrical Accidents training course, please contact us for details.