To introduce candidates to the principles of health and safety in the workplace, common workplace hazards and controls and the principles of risk assessment.
- Understand health and safety legislation
- Understand the principles of workplace health and safety and employee and welfare
- Recognise common workplace hazards and controls
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Be aware of key elements of workplace health and safety such as manual handling, ergonomics and hazardous substances
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation or the CIEH. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Any staff member who is required to have an awareness of workplace health and safety principles and the legislation surrounding it.