To provide delegates with background knowledge on the hazards related to asbestos and how the law has addressed these risks.
- Understand what asbestos and asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) are
- Be able to explain how and where asbestos was used
- Be able to explain the harmful effects of asbestos
- Understand how asbestos fibres can be released
- Be able to explain the relevant legislation
- Understand the duty to manage asbestos safely
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Anyone who may come into contact with asbestos containing materials in the course of their work, such as construction and refurbishment workers.