To ensure that healthcare support workers and adult social care workers recognise the principles of safe moving and assisting and the safe use of equipment such as hoists.
- Understand the legislation surrounding moving and assisting
- Understand common injuries caused by moving and assisting and how to avoid them
- Understand the principles of risk assessment and ergonomics
- Be able to explain controversial techniques
- Know how to deal with falling / fallen clients Understand the importance of effective communication and team positioning
- Be confident in moving and assisting techniques including lateral transfers and hoist techniques
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through the CIEH or Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
We can also provide a Level 3 Award in Assessing Competency in Moving and Assisting, and the Level 2 Award in Patient Hoisting, please call us for details and pricing.
F/502/7587, links to HSC 2028, outcome 1, 2, 3.6, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 6, MH203 outcome 1, 2,3, 4.1, 4.5, 4.6, 5.2, 5.3, 6.4, 6.6, 6.7, 7.