To provide learners with the knowledge, skills and expertise to deliver relevant emergency first aid to patients and staff within dental practices.
- Describe your actions in an emergency
- Demonstrate adult resuscitation including use of the AED and Oxygen Therapy
- Explain the management of adult choking
- Demonstrate the management of the unresponsive casualty
- Understand how to recognise and treat bleeding and shock
- Understand how to recognise and treat anaphylactic shock
- Explain the treatment of common medical emergencies, such as chest pain, airway and breathing problems, seizures, fainting and blood sugar emergencies.
Successful learners will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
General Dental Council CPD guidance