To provide candidates with the appropriate knowledge to identify Cardiorespiratory Arrest and provide practical intermediate life support treatment.
- Understand common causes of Cardiac Arrest
- Understand means of preventing Cardiac Arrest
- Understand the ABCDE approach to Cardiac Arrest
- Understand basic (non-invasive) airway management techniques
- Demonstrate safe usage and knowledge of Defibrillation
- Understand post-resuscitation care
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through the CIEH or Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Anyone working within a primary or emergency care setting or who has an identified need to be able to manage an adult cardiac arrest during the immediate period of crisis.
A 4-hour Level 3 Award in Immediate Life Support Refresher course is also available for those candidates who have previously qualified and whose certificate is due to expire. Please call us for further details and pricing.