To provide candidates with the knowledge and expertise to qualify as a first aider in the workplace.
- Describe your actions in an emergency
- Demonstrate adult resuscitation
- Demonstrate the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Explain the management of adult choking
- Demonstrate the management of the unconscious casualty
- Describe how to recognise and treat bleeding and shock
- Explain the treatment of minor and major injuries
- Know how to deal with heart attacks and stroke
- Describe treatment of injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Describe treatment of suspected spinal injuries
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Highfield Qualifications or Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Anyone who needs to become a qualified workplace first aider.
We can also provide the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Refresher (12 hours / 2 days in duration) for those who have previously undergone training and whose certificate is due to expire. We also deliver the 3-hour Level 2 Award in Basic Skills Update, as recommended by the HSE for first aiders to keep their skills up to date on an annual basis. For organisations operating within the hospitality and leisure sectors, we can also provide alcohol awareness training within the 3-day First Aid at Work syllabus, which includes how to recognise alcohol poisoning and how to help someone who has become intoxicated.