To provide learners with a basic awareness and understanding of anxiety disorders and phobias, how they can be managed and treated, and how to offer support to someone dealing with anxiety or a phobia.
- Explain what anxiety disorders are
- Identify the common signs and symptoms of anxiety
- Know some of the common types of anxiety disorders
- Knowledge of phobias and common types of phobia
- Understand what panic attacks are
- Understand how anxiety disorders can be managed and treated
- Appreciate the importance of self-care, and list some self-care techniques
- Understand how to support others dealing with anxiety
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.