To provide delegates with an understanding of HIV and an awareness of its prevalence in today's society as well as its progression, attitudes towards HIV and its impact on the individual. Delegates will gain an understanding of how they can reduce risk and give treatment, care and support to people who are living with HIV.
- Explain what HIV is and its impacts
- Identify how sexual health and sexuality relate to HIV
- Explain and describe current facts and figures relating to HIV
- Explain the transmission and progression of HIV
- Identify and dispel myths surrounding the condition
- Identify and follow practices for preventing and reducing HIV infection risk
- Explain and describe current treatments and how they work
- Identify potential care and support needs
- Identify attitudes towards HIV / AIDs and their impacts
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.