To enable delegates to develop their knowledge and skills in relation to promoting continence, including early identification and care of incontinence issues, and person centred care for people with continence problems.
- Understand the meaning of continence and incontinence
- Understand and explain different types of continence problems
- Explain reversible causes of urinary incontinence
- Describe the different treatments available
- Understand how to effectively manage continence problems
- Understand infection control issues in relation to incontinence
- Appreciate how to promote dignity when caring for someone who has continence problems
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us
Healthcare Assistants, Assistant Practitioners, Personal Assistants, Care Workers and Carers