To ensure learners have an understanding of how to care for a person with an indwelling catheter.
- Understand what a catheter is
- Explain why we catheterise
- Understand the male and female anatomy
- Undertake daily catheter care
- Understand how to empty and change catheter bags
- Understand correct procedures for handling and positioning
- Understand the importance of person centred care, privacy and dignity in relation to catheter care
- Know how to complete the correct documentation
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Care Certificate and CQC Fundamental Standards. Can be tailored according to client requirements.