To ensure that healthcare support workers and adult social care workers can identify abuse and respond appropriately to situations where abuse may occur.
- Understand the legislation relating to safeguarding adults
- Be able to describe and identify types of abuse
- Be able to recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Know the risk factors and indicators of abuse
- Understand the care worker’s and the employer’s responsibilities in relation to safeguarding
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
We can also deliver this subject through e-learning, please contact us for more details.
Level 2 Diploma in Care (RQF) - DC2F Safeguarding, National Occupational Standards - SCDHSC0024 and SCDHSC0035, and the Care Certificate Standard 10: Safeguarding Adults