To ensure healthcare support workers and adult social care workers recognise the principles of moving and assisting people safely and the importance of risk assessment prior to any moving and assisting task.
- Have an understanding of legislation relating to moving and assisting
- Understand basic anatomy and physiology of the spine
- Assess moving and assisting operations, reducing the risk where reasonably practicable
- Understand the principles of safer moving and assisting of people, including the use of equipment
- Understand the importance of maintaining dignity for the person receiving assistance
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
A 6-hour (1 day) full Level 2 Core Award in Moving and Assisting is also available, please call us for further details and pricing.
HSC 2028, outcome 1, 2, 3.6, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 6, MH203 outcome 1, 2, 3, 4.1, 4.5, 4.7, 6.4, 6.6, 6.7. Links to NMTS Standard 8.3