To ensure that healthcare support workers and adult social care workers understand their duty of care and how to fulfil it, with consideration for legislation, workplace policies and possible conflicts.
- Understand ‘duty of care’ in a health and social care context
- Recognise the groups for whom health and social care professionals have a duty of care
- Outline the key obligations to those for whom you have a duty of care
- Understand how legislation and workplace policies, protocols and guidelines help ensure that you fulfil your duty of care
- Describe possible conflicts between duty of care to a client and the demands of an employer
- Identify sources of help in resolving dilemmas relating to duty of care
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
SHC 24. Links to NMTS Standard 5.