To raise mental health literacy in all sectors of the community, in order to dispel the stigma and discrimination that exists through lack of understanding, and empower people to offer support.
- Define mental health
- Identify and explain mental health facts and fiction
- Understand key legislation relating to mental health
- Explain how mental health care has evolved over time
- Identify common signs and symptoms
- Understand common mental health disorders
- Recognise common attitudes towards mental ill-health and the impacts these can have
- Explain the concept of parity of esteem
- Know how to support people and offer advice
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
This course is externally accredited by Advantage Accreditation
RQF Level 2 and the latest guidance from national mental health organisations and charities such as Mind