To help healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to understand the functions and meaning of behaviours and how to support individuals in their setting.
- Define behaviour that challenges and understand why individuals exhibit behaviour that challenges
- Understand the different stages of behaviour, how behaviour is assessed and identify behaviours that we find challenging and how to manage them
- Explain the role of medication in managing behaviour that challenges
- Understand the role communication plays in managing behaviour that challenges
- Consider the functions of behaviour and strategies to manage behaviour
- Understand the importance of reducing restrictive interventions
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
We can also offer this course as a full day training programme which includes the teaching of practical breakaway techniques for personal safety. Please contact us for further information. Please note, we do not teach restraint.
SCDHSC0024, 0031, 0035, 3111, 0332, Care Certificate – Standard 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, Aligned to DC2A, DC2E, DC2F, MH14.2013, GEN97