To ensure learners gain an awareness of the safe use of wheelchairs, including confidence to undertake a range of wheelchair assistance tasks and manoeuvres.
- Understand and demonstrate safer manual handling techniques when pushing / pulling wheelchairs
- Be aware of safe techniques for assisting wheelchair users with transfers
- Understand how it feels to be an essential wheelchair user
- Be aware of access issues and how to improve access for wheelchair users and those assisting them
- Gain confidence to safely assist and manoeuvre wheelchairs in a range of situations
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.