To help healthcare support workers and adult social care workers gain an understanding of mental illness, the problems this can cause in daily life, and how they can support people.
- Be able to define mental health
- Understand the legislation associated with supporting people with mental illness
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Understand and be able to discuss some of the treatments
- Identify support networks
- Understand how you can help
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.