To provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with the knowledge required to understand the issues involved in loss and bereavement.
- Be able to define loss, grief, bereavement and mourning
- Be able to list stages of grief
- Have an understanding of the signs of grief
- Be able to explain why it is important to consider religion, beliefs and culture with regard to the bereavement process
- Understand the stages of mourning and why it is important
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
HSC 3035 Outcome 1,2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 5.1, 6.