To enable healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food and the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing.
- Understand the importance of food safety and food hygiene
- Understand food safety hazards and good hygiene
- Understand the importance of temperatures and storage
- Explain good hydration and nutrition including digestion
- Understand what constitutes a balanced diet
- Know the effects of poor nutrition
- Explain how to promote good and sufficient nutrition and hydration and the importance of the environment in healthy eating
- To explore how dignity can be maintained while promoting nutrition and healthy eating
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Care Certificate Standard 8, National Occupational Standards SCDHSC0213, 021 and SFHSS26, 27, aligned to DC2D, CQC Regs. 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 and HSCA 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19