To provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with a basic knowledge of epilepsy, the management of seizures and the use of emergency medication.
- List the causes and types of epilepsy
- Describe the general management of seizures
- Describe the use of Diazepam
- Explain how you would deal with errors in administration
- Describe the use of Midazolam
- Explain the use of support plans and risk assessment
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Epilepsy Council guidance.