To enable healthcare support workers and adult social care workers to develop their knowledge and understanding of disability and impairment, and the social model of disability.
- Understand what disability is and who disabled people are
- Understand discrimination and the law
- Be able to explain different types of discrimination
- Understand the use of language regarding disability
- Understand how we can discriminate against disabled people
- Be able to explain a different approach to disability
- Understand the medical model of disability
- Understand the social model of disability
- Know the language of disability
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
SHC 23, links to LD201, LD208K, LD307, PDOP2.1, SSOP2.1.