To provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with the knowledge to be able to move and assist people in care safely and with dignity.
- Understand the legislation that relates to moving and assisting
- Understand the principles of risk assessment in relation to moving and assisting
- Be able to carry out tasks to move and assist people safely, including the use of equipment
- Be able to move objects safely
- Understand the importance of maintaining dignity for the person receiving care when undertaking any moving and assisting task
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
MTS 8 (part)