To provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with basic knowledge of medications, their effects and safety issues and how to assist with healthcare tasks.
- Be able to explain the agreed ways of working with medication
- Be able to describe some types of medications, some forms of medication and some routes of administration
- Be able to describe the difference between assisting and administration of medication
- Be able to explain what a healthcare task is and why training is required
- Be able to explain what to do and not do when assisting with healthcare tasks
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
MTS 8 (part)