To provide supervisors and managers with an understanding of food safety requirements during the production and preparation of food and the knowledge to effectively control and minimise the risks involved.
- Identify and explain food safety hazards
- Understand how contamination occurs
- List food poisoning bacteria and explain food-borne illness
- Know correct storage, temperature control and preservation methods
- Understand how kitchen design and cleaning can affect food safety
- Know how to conduct hazard analysis
- Understand food safety legislation
Successful candidates will receive a HABC personal display certificate upon completion of the course, valid for 3 years.
This course is accredited by Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC).