These sessions will enable adults within the local community to gain key skills and knowledge to help them respond in a first aid emergency involving an adult, child or infant and deal with serious illnesses or common accidents in the home
- Know how to deal with an emergency
- Perform CPR on an adult, child or infant
- Understand how to use an AED
- Understand how to manage an unresponsive casualty and place in the recovery position
- Know how to deal with choking
- Understand how to deal with wounds and bleeding
- Know how to treat common injuries such as burns
- Know how to identify and respond to common acute illnesses such as meningitis
Receive a Family First Aid training certificate
Parents or other adults who wish to attend a free family first aid session
We are running two FREE Family First Aid training sessions on Friday 9th February 2018.
The first session will take place from 9.30am - 1pm and the next will take place at around 1.30pm - 5pm. Please contact us to register for a space on one of these two sessions as, due to the practical nature of the training, spaces will be limited.
You only need to attend ONE of the two sessions available - the course is 3.5 hours long, held twice during the day to allow maximum numbers of people to attend.