To provide workers with the training required to enable them to deliver effective Moving, Handling and Hoisting of People training sessions to their colleagues.
- Be able to explain the legal responsibilities employees and employers have in relation to manual handling
- Be able to explain the anatomy and physiology of the spine
- Be able to explain common manual handling associated injuries
- Be able to explain risk assessments and risk reduction
- Be able to explain and demonstrate the principles of good manual handling techniques
- Be able to explain and demonstrate the principles of safe moving and assisting of people
- Be able to explain and demonstrate safe hoist work
- Be able to lead and assess practical exercises
- Deliver short theory and, if required, practical sessions in the subject area
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
This course can be externally accredited by Advantage Accreditation, if required. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
In-house trainers who have a current Presentation Skills training certificate or equivalent, plus experience in moving and assisting people, and now need to ensure they have sufficient knowledge to deliver in-house courses in Moving, Handling and Hoisting of People to staff members.