To introduce first aid to candidates who have children and babies in their care and to enable them to recognise and respond to a paediatric emergency.
- Demonstrate paediatric resuscitation
- Demonstrate the management of an unconscious infant and child
- Explain the treatment for various types of shock
- Describe the treatment of serious bleeding
- List chronic conditions associated with infants and children
- List acute conditions that affect infants and children
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
External accreditation is available for this course, if required, through the CIEH or Advantage Accreditation. Additional costs will apply, please contact us.
Anyone who cares for children or babies and is required to have practical skills and knowledge in paediatric first aid to meet Ofsted requirements.
Current legislation and Ofsted guidelines.
Select a date from below.