Ensure that staff members who have been trained as in-house trainers have sufficient knowledge and skills in the training subjects that they will be delivering to colleagues.
To provide workers with the training required to enable them to deliver effective first aid at work training sessions to their colleagues.
- Understand the role of the trainer
- Be able to understand and demonstrate resuscitation
- Be able to understand and demonstrate the management of unconsciousness
- Be able to understand the medical conditions required for First Aid at Work (FAW)
- Be able to teach the skills to deal with major and minor injuries
- Be able to assess delegates’ first aid skills
Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate of competency, valid for 3 years.
This course can be externally accredited by Advantage Accreditation, if required.
In-house trainers who have a current Presentation Skills training certificate or equivalent, plus experience in first aid, and now need to ensure they have sufficient knowledge to deliver in-house courses in first aid at work to staff members.